What Is The Agile Approach?
In project management, the agile approach is a product development process that takes an iterative loop. The agile project management framework draws its unique flavour from its lack of a rigid structure.
Rather than following a linear path as other project management methodologies might, the approach encourages being responsive and adapting to changes that may occur at any point in the project life cycle or within a development cycle.
Benefits Of Agile PM
The APM notes that the agile approach’s main advantage is that it “concentrates on empowered people and their interactions and early and constant delivery of value into an enterprise”. The same association lists other benefits:
- Builds engagement between clients and end users and supports organizational culture change
- Reduces waste, allowing for a lighter weight framework
- Greater flexibility, thus enhancing project control
- Quicker turnaround and rapid detection of issues
- Enhances accountability and diversity of ideas